- If you have listed your property with a real estate agency, the agent works for you, the seller, so it’s important that you get on well.
- Before you start working with the agent, you must understand and sign an agency agreement that sets out the terms and conditions of the contract between you.
- We recommend you get a lawyer to check and explain the agency agreement before you sign it.
- You and your agent are legally obliged to share all relevant information with prospective buyers about the property, including any issues.
- If the property sells, you pay the agent a commission in return for their work.
All information above from Settled.govt.nz website